Friday, November 27, 2009

Fried Turkey

Nothing and no one injured except the turkey and some pride.

Be careful out there folks!!

Turkey fryer catches fire, burning Ohio house
The Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Authorities in Ohio say a turkey fryer caused a house to catch fire as the homeowner was preparing a Thanksgiving meal.

Columbus firefighters say no one was injured in the fire Thursday. They contained it to the back of the two-story house.

The turkey fryer was set up outside near the back door. Capt. Mike Zuber said a propane tank had a worn hose that caused a gas leak, sparking the blaze.

The fire spread to a nearby wood pile and a pickup truck.

The homeowner's identity wasn't immediately released. Zuber says one other family member was home at the time.

Damage was estimated at $15,000.

Let the experts show you why you shouldn't deep fry a turkey: