Saturday, December 26, 2009

Be careful, don't do this

How many more infants will die this way?

When will people learn?

My heart goes out to the family.

Baby dies while co-sleeping
By Eva Ruth Moravec - Express-News

A West Side couple awoke Christmas morning and made a heartbreaking discovery: Their 4-month-old boy had stopped breathing in his sleep.

Rene Montoya appeared to have been accidentally smothered sometime Thursday night or Friday morning as he slept in his parents' bed in the 5600 block of Brookhill Street, said Sgt. Lloyd Jackel of the San Antonio Police Department. His parents, whose names and ages weren't immediately released, called 911 around 10:15 a.m.

Medical personnel pronounced the infant dead at the home, where lights on a Christmas tree blinked through a garland-draped doorway guarded by police. Friends and family soon swarmed to the house, where Rene's mother could be heard wailing inside.

The rest of the story: