Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Dear Readers


Dear Readers,

Please allow me this indulgence. I just saw a wonderful movie this evening, Julie & Julia starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams as the named characters. It was, no pun intended, a truly enchanting story.

But one thing it reminded me of was the protagonist's, Julie, need to write her blog and connect with whoever is out there. Of course I am no writer, as she is, and I mainly post other stories I cull from the Internet which I find interesting or to keep you up with the legal happenings in my small area of the world.

I write what I feel, probably not enough of what I feel, as many times I believe I am constrained to stay within the bounds of my profession and the tenets of professional responsibility, its ethical guidelines and the Code of Professional Responsibility and the Disciplinary Rules set out by the State Bar of Texas.

I did feel a strange sort of kinship with Ms. Powell. Her expressed need and desire to reach out everyday and connect to her readers. I feel that urge as well and it is why I attempt to, everyday, post what I do.

In that small way, I connect with you, as I hope you connect to me.

Best Regards,

Sam Katz, a/k/a Man o' Law