Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rest in Peace

When I first looked at this I wondered how he had drifted off into the east-bound lane of 46.  I've ridden my motorcycle there, but then I know how sharp the curve is too.

I think it must've been a combination of the fact he's from Brownsville and may not have been aware of the curve and the fact he had a side-car on the motorcycle.  They don't hold the curves as well, especially if you may have entered the curve too fast.


Motorcyclist killed, toddler hurt near Boerne
By Guillermo X. Garcia - Express-News

An afternoon motorcycle ride in the Hill Country turned deadly Saturday.

A Rio Grande Valley man was killed and two young people, one of them a 3-year-old, were injured when a motorcycle and truck collided on a winding road outside Boerne.

Department of Public Safety investigators said Adam Daniec of McAllen was riding a 2005 Harley-Davidson motorcycle west on Texas 46 about four miles west of Boerne shortly before 1 p.m. Saturday when he drifted into the eastbound lane on a sharp right turn.

The rest of the story: