Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Piling On, and Oh BTW we said it here first


Did they read my two prior posts on this subject?
here:


It took them long enough to test the wind and see where they should stand on the issue and oh BTW Senator Biden a/k/a Captain Obvious, ya think?


Let's see I report this rape and I receive 200 lashes from a whip, so I'm raped and lashed, or I don't report the rape and I'm not lashed, so I'm okay. Duh!


Candidates slam Saudi rape verdict



(CNN) -- U.S. presidential candidates Wednesday condemned Saudi justice after a rape victim was sentenced to 200 lashes and six months in jail.

Hillary Clinton has called on the U.S. government to protest the sentence handed out to a Saudi rape victim.

Calling the decision "an outrage," Sen. Hillary Clinton urged President Bush to protest the decision to the Saudi authorities.
"The Bush administration has refused to condemn the sentence and said it will not protest an internal Saudi decision," the Democrat presidential front-runner said in a statement.
"I urge President Bush to call on King Abdullah [of Saudi Arabia] to cancel the ruling and drop all charges against this woman."
Some of Clinton's rivals also weighed in.
The decision to punish the victim of a gang rape "is an appalling breach of the most fundamental human rights," said Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards.
"I am outraged that President Bush has refused to condemn the sentence," he said.
Meanwhile, Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Joe Biden accused the Saudi judiciary of not only trying to silence this victim, but also trying to prevent future victims from coming forward.


Read more below: