Saturday, September 4, 2010

Rx for Fraud

Wow, $2.2 Million gone, stolen from the Government by fraudulent billing for prescriptions never sought or dispensed.

This is remarkable considering that Healthcare reform hasn't even started yet.

Just wait till that kicks in, I'm afraid the $2.2 Million will just be a drop in the bucket of fraud and waste which will occur.


Pharmacist is headed to prison
By Craig Kapitan - Express-News

A pharmacist accused of bilking the government of millions in Medicaid dollars through his San Antonio business was given three concurrent 20-year sentences Friday and ordered to pay $2.2 million in restitution.


In a rambling, sometimes incoherent speech to visiting state District Judge Pat Priest before his sentence was announced, Marcelleus Anunobi apologized for his actions and said he had learned his lesson.

“I've disgraced myself, I've disgraced my family and I've disgraced my friends,” he said. “This will be my first mistake and my last mistake.”