Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You better call or I'll smash the phone


I guess the show was a bust.


My parents were from Romania and I never saw them ever get this mad.
Man! No wonder no one called. Would you want to call her after seeing that video?

Busty TV presenter fined over phone violence
Metro.co.uk

Presenter Adela Lupse goes bonkers during the television programme

A TV station has been fined £1,000 after the presenter on a live phone in quiz show threw a fit after no viewers called in.

Busty presenter Adela Lupse started screaming at the camera, smashed the phone on the ground and then jumped up and down on it before grinding the phone under her foot.

At the same time she screamed repeatedly at the camera "I want the phone to ring now. Now. Call me now."

Angry TV bosses fired her after the outburst on Romanian TV station National TV.

But Lupse, who has been the show's presenter for three years, said: "Maybe I was a bit over the top but I wanted to get people to call - there is a lot of pressure to get people to call in with the correct answer. It was a bad day."

But Romanian TV watchdog the National Audiovisual Council of Romania failed to see the funny side and fined the station £1,089 for the outburst that showed "unjustified violence".

It also ruled that the show be slapped with an X rating and only broadcast after 10pm when children are in bed.