Friday, January 11, 2008

Starbucks will kick Ronald McDonald's Ass




Bad start to this morning. I go to the same McDonalds to get breakfast on my way to work almost everyday. I ordered what I always order and I always ask for their large regular iced coffee with NO sugar. I repeat the no sugar request to the person who is taking the order and am gratified she notes that on the order.

Because I am diabetic and also I do not like sugar in my coffee, never did. I also order a senior diet coke. The person on the drive thru (who I've never seen before so I assume she is new) neglected to fully secure the top to the soda. As she hands me the soda she says cheerfully "Are you having a good morning?" and then proceeds to dump some of the contents of the soda all over my hand and arm. I reply, gritting my teeth in a rictus smile, "I was". As she clucks and refastens the lid and gives me what's remaining in the cup.

I am stunned. I receive my coffee which I place in the holder to drink at my office and get the rest of my order. I eat that, which was cold and burnt, (I am now annoyed) and choke it down with the remainder of my soda.

I arrive at my office, sit down and take a first sip of the coffee which is loaded with, you guessed it, SUGAR! Now I am officially pissed off. I call the McDonald's not once, not twice but three times and they never answer their phone. GRRRRrrrrrrrr!

They will not beat Starbucks this way.

DO NOT PUT SUGAR IN PEOPLE'S COFFEE WHEN THEY ASK YOU NOT TO.

WHY ARE YOU PUTTING SUGAR IN THE DAMN COFFEE ANYWAY? LET PEOPLE ASK FOR IT AND LET THEM PUT IT IN THEIR DAMN COFFEE THEMSELVES.

Phew! Thanks I am feeling slightly better now, until the sugar kicks in and I go into diabetic shock. I am too cheap to dump the coffee and drink it anyway.