Friday, March 28, 2008

OMG Look Out!


If she had been driving here she would have been driving on the right side of the road.




Can she use that as a defense?





Gran drives 15 miles wrong way up motorway


An 81-year-old grandmother was pulled up by police - after driving 15 miles the wrong way up a motorway.


Martha Harwood, of Darwen, Lancs, became confused by a new roundabout layout and drove up the exit slip road at junction six of the M65.


She then cruised past seven junctions before police stopped her, seized her vehicle and drove her home, reports the Daily Mirror.


Four people were taken to hospital and the road was shut for five hours after her 40mph bid to get home from a pal's house.


The retired florist said: "At first I didn't think anything was wrong. It was quiet. Then I saw cars coming towards me. It was quite scary and I didn't know what to do.


"The officers were really nice. They asked if I had been drinking but I feel very strongly about that and would never drink and drive. I haven't decided if I will stop driving. I feel a bit silly about what has happened."


Martha was not arrested after Monday night's drama but officers warned she could lose her licence.


Pc Neil Goodison, of the police unit which stopped her, said: "She was oblivious to what happened and did not know there had been an accident."


Four hurt passengers from a crashed Ford Fiesta had minor injuries and one had to be cut free. None of them was seriously injured.