Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Earth to Sharon.....


Wow, Sharon Stone, you look great but you sound like an idiot.


I mean I've got a Bachelor's and Masters of Science degrees in Geology and I simply cannot recall karma as being listed as a cause of earthquakes.


Rather it was always thought to occur through the rather mundane mechanisms of plate tectonics, you know continental collisions and drift, sometimes localized earthquakes were caused by pumping water or even oil out of the ground. Some movies said it was caused by the actual wrath of God, but Karma? Jeeze Louise, Woman.

Okay, I didn't mean that Sharon, Lord knows I don't want an earthquake to swallow me up.



‘Karma’: Actress Sharon Stone Blames China’s Treatment Of Tibet For Earthquake


Has Sharon Stone been drinking too much lately? You be the judge. Here's what she said on the sidelines of the Cannes Film Festival when asked about the earthquake that has devastated the Sichuan Province:

Well you know it was very interesting because at first, you know, I am not happy about the ways the Chinese were treating the Tibetans because I don’t think anyone should be unkind to anyone else. And so I have been very concerned about how to think and what to do about that because I don’t like THAT.

And I had been this, you know, concerned about, oh how should we deal with the Olympics because they are not being nice to the Dalai Lama, who is a good friend of mine.
And all these earthquake and stuff happened and I thought: IS THAT KARMA... when you are not nice that bad things happen to you?

And then I got a letter, from the Tibetan Foundation that they want to go and be helpful. And that made me cry. And they ask me if I would write a quote about that and I said, “I would.” And it was a big lesson to me, that some times you have to learn to put your head down and be of service even to people who are not nice to you. And that’s a big lesson for me... [Transcript from Speak4China]

Meanwhile, Zhang Ziyi (章子怡) says she's been outraged by all the ignorance of the quake in China going on at Cannes, and has taken it upon herself to make a pamphlet about the earthquake to show foreigners, apart from donating $144,000 to earthquake relief. She told the AP:

"I was as angry as a madwoman. I said, 'Are you idiots? You are well-dressed people who look like you identify with society, but you don't know what's going on on planet Earth.' It's incredible!"