Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Lawnmower Man


Hey! if he does a good job why complain?



Louisiana man skirts the law
Jay Herrod mows lawns in a skirt. (WAFB-TV)

We may not know what a Scotsman wears under his kilt, but the town officials of Clinton, Louisiana, say what they see is too much. Jay Herrod mows lawns in a skirt. He says he wears the garment because he gets heat rash and "it allows that area to breathe and, uh, wearing a skirt on the mower allows the sweat to evaporate." Herrod's landscaping customers aren't complaining. "He cuts the yard in a hurry. He does a good job," Carline Kimbro says. "I don't have any problems. That's what I was interested in. I don't pay attention to what he wears."


But the town alderman in this northern Louisiana town do. The municipal authorities have cited Herrod for indecency in violation of a "no sagging pants" ordinance. He says the rule shouldn't apply to him because of his medical condition and has a doctor's note to prove it. "I've had some women say I have nice looking legs, "Herrod says with a laugh."For a man, I know, I'm the only guy in East Feliciana Parish that wears a skirt. That's a known fact."