Monday, December 3, 2007

Teddy teacher released but bear still in deep Doo Doo


The teacher involved in the Sudaneese scandal where her kids voted to name a teddy bear Mohammed has apparently been pardoned and released.


The bear? Not so much. Apparently he's to be locked away in a police vault, till the end of time.


Sorta like the Ark of the Covenant at the end of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.



Teddy Teacher Released


TEDDY bear row teacher Gillian Gibbons has been pardoned by the Sudanese Government and was released this morning.
She is now with British Embassy officials and will fly back to the UK today.
Gillian released a statement saying she had been "well treated" during her incarceration.
The statement said: "I'm fine, I'm well, I'm very grateful to all the people working on my behalf. I know so many people out there have done so much.
"I know the Prime Minister has called my son, and I'm really grateful to everyone.
"I want people to know I've been well treated, and especially that I'm well fed. I've been given so many apples I feel I could set up my own stall.
"The guards are constantly asking if I have everything I need.
"The Sudanese people in general have been pleasant and very generous, and I've had nothing but good experiences during my four months here.
"I'm really sad to leave and if I could go back to work tomorrow then I would."